Call For a Free Case Evaluation 800.370.7102
When Life Takes a Turn, Turn to Diefer Your Side Deserves to Be Heard

On-The-Job Injuries

Financial Assistance for Work-Related Injuries

Have you sustained serious injuries at work? By law, every employer must have workers' compensation insurance, which, if you are injured on the job, may be your only way to receive financial assistance. Depending on the circumstances of your injuries, you may not be able to sue your employer in a civil court for any injuries sustained on the job unless they do not have workers' compensation insurance. If your employer doesn't have workers' comp insurance, you may then have the ability to sue them in civil court, as well as seek temporary/permanent disability benefits from California's Uninsured Employers Fund. The State of California also allows workers to receive benefits under the Workers' Compensation Insurance Program.

Types of Workers' Compensation Benefits

Regardless of how and why you were injured on the job, you are entitled to receive workers' compensation benefits. However, the amount of benefits you receive may depend on whether your injuries were considered "no-fault" or occurred due to "your own serious and willful misconduct." An example of a "no-fault" injury would be if you were injured while driving from one work-related event to another. The extent of your injuries and other factors can determine if you are eligible for medical benefits, a life pension, temporary or permanent disability payments, death benefits, and vocational rehabilitation.

If your injuries were caused by your own negligence, your workers' compensation benefits could drastically lessen; meaning you may not receive as many benefits as you could if your injuries were considered "no-fault." Injuries caused by your employer knowingly placing you in an unsafe work environment can potentially increase your benefits up to 50%. Employees whose employers refuse to pay their disability benefits may also be entitled to receive penalty payments, as well as Workers' Compensation benefits.

How can I apply for Workers' Compensation?

While you can apply for Workers' Compensation without an attorney's assistance, you can increase your chances of being accepted the first time around if you have an Orange County Workers' Compensation attorney assist you. At Diefer Law Group, PC, we can help you fill out the correct forms, follow proper Workers' Compensation guidelines (both the State's guidelines and your employer's guidelines), as well as represent you in court, if necessary. Our Orange County employment lawyers have more than three decades of combined experience and have successfully assisted dozens of Southern California residents obtain Workers' Compensation. To schedule a free consultation, please contact our firm today!